Monday, July 22, 2013

Zucchini, Chicken and Hummus Skewer.


After the success of one of my zucchini recipes I decided to share with you one of my favorite dishes with this ingredient, I took this idea from one of my french cuisine kitchen books and what I like the most of it is the simplicity.

As I been cooking just for myself lately I don’t want to spend lots of time or money just in me, so I´ve been trying to cook simple and healthy meals just for one, its what I call lonelybutyumi. So I hope you enjoy this super easy, delicious and healthy recipe for one.

Ingredients:

·      ½ chicken breast without bone.
·      1 large zucchini cabbage.
·      ½ tsp. ground cumin
·      1 tbsp. olive oil
·      2 tbsp. hummus
·      salt and pepper
·      skewer chops (I used some chops from the last time we ordered sushi)

Procedure:

1.     Cut the zucchini and the chicken in medium slices.  Mix those ingredients adding the cumin, olive oil, salt and pepper and mix well.
2.     Do the skewers alternating one zucchini and one chicken slice.
3.     Grill in a hot pan. This might take a while but its very important that is well done, it might take 15 mins.
4.     Serve on a plate and add the hummus on one side.

I some times like to add soy sauce. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Éxito absoluto tu receta! Santi se devoró el pollito y Santiago me dijo que prepare esta comida más seguido! Gracias por compartir la receta!

    ReplyDelete